Security Clearance Jobs Salaries – Pt 2
The newest security clearance jobs salary survey has been released and the results are interesting. According to the nationwide study, average nationwide salaries of security-cleared professionals rose 1 percent to $68,139.
Some of the key findings:
- Among the 10 highest paid locations, salaries for security clearance jobs in New Jersey increased 7.7 percent to $74,756 since the last survey was published in October 2006; statewide salaries in Maryland dropped nearly 5.6 percent to $74,292
- In metro Washington, D.C., top paying locations are split between Arlington and Fairfax counties, with Fairfax clearance jobs paying higher
- Candidates who have passed polygraph tests earn approximately $10,300 more a year than candidates without one
- Security-cleared women closed the gender gap by an additional 1 percent since last surveyed
- Despite high wages, the majority of polled candidates with clearances were not satisfied with their present salaries
Read the entire salary survey at http://www.clearancejobs.com/salary/
All, I am a Software Developer III at a large consulting firm making 100K a year. I recently obtained my Top Secret clearance and am looking to take advantage of it by making a little more $$$$. Question is how much more $$$ should I be seeking from other companies? Anyone have any suggestions on what someone with my level of experience (9 years) is worth? 130-140K too much to ask for? Thanks.